BLOXR® XPF® Radiation Protection Apparel and Radiation Protection Eyeglasses from BLOXR® Solutions
Introducing BLOXR® XPF® Technology
BLOXR® XPF® Radiation Protection Apparel is approximately 25 – 30% the weight of equivalent conventional lead garments without compromising on the level of protection provided.
Why Choose BLOXR® XPF® Technology
- Features a patented, lightweight bi-layer constructed of barium sulphate and bismuth oxide
- Provides 0.5mm Pb equivalent protection across the full kVp spectrum (IEC 61331.1:2014)
- Provides protection against scatter radiation1
- Approximately half the weight of traditional lead helping alleviate back pain and fatigue
- Demonstrated to be flexible, strong and tear-resistant, withstanding over 1 million cycles of bending without cracking1 (you can even sit down while wearing an XPF® garment)
- Durable construction allows garments to be cleaned in washing machines
- Nontoxic garments (free of lead and other heavy metals) can be disposed with normal rubbish without special consideration making it environmentally friendly
- Available in a full range of garment types & sizes and colours
- Accepted on the TGA (AUST 276102, 276103) & WAND registers
- Three year warranty
- BLOXR® XPF® patients shields are also available in variety of types and sizes
- RHCG also has the capability to customise the BLOXR® products to specific requirements including embroidery and individual dimensions
- For more information please contact your Sales Specialist or Customer Service Representative who will be pleased to assist
RHCG is pleased to introduce the BLOXR® range of lead glass eyewear.
- Lenses provide 0.75mm Pb protection
- Side shields, if included, provide 0.5mm Pb protection
- Lifetime warranty on defects in material and workmanship
- Lead glasses are available in a wide variety of styles and colours in either standard or prescription (single, bifocal or progressive) formats with and without side shields
- Fitover glasses are also available
- BLOXR Eye Wear are TGA accepted (ARTG #: 289131)
For more information please contact your Sales Specialist or Customer Service Representative who will be pleased to assist.
An independently-conducted randomized, prospectively-controlled clinical study shows that XPF® thyroid collars transmit 18% lower dose than 0.5mm Pb equivalent collars.2 Not only does XPF® Technology provide greater overall dose reduction, but it also eliminates the more harmful sub-40 keV spectrum and is more comfortable and crack-resistant than other alternatives. Numerous other studies have also validated the performance benefits of XPF® Technology in reducing scatter in actual clinical practice.3,4,5
The transmitted spectra profiles across the energy range is shown for typical lead-based, conventional Lead-Fee and XPF® BiLayer Technology products in the following graphs.1
Certification Testing: The BLOXR XPF® Radiation Protection Apparel meets the following standards with the stipulated lead equivalence at the energy level indicated.
Attenuation Equivalent (AS 4543.3:2000): Front & Back: Pb 0.4mm @ 100kVp
Attenuation Equivalent (IEC 61331.1:2014): Front & Back: Pb 0.5mm @ 60 – 120kV
Compliance Statement: BLOXR XPF HC Pb 0.4/100 (0.3) AS 4543-3:2000
1 Data on file, BLOXR Solutions LLC. 2 Uthoff, H. et al. ”Lightweight Bilayer Barium Sulfate–Bismuth Oxide Composite Thyroid Collars for Superior Radiation Protection in Fluoroscopy-guided Interventions: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial.” Radiology, doi: 10.1148/radiol.13122834, Oct. 2013. 3 Mayekar, E et al. ”Radiation Exposure To The Orthopaedic Surgeon and Efficacy of a Novel Radiation Attenuation Product.” Southern Orthopaedic Soc. June, 2014. 4 Reeves, R. et al. “Brain Radiation Exposure and Attenuation During Invasive Cardiology Procedures.” SCAI Annual Mtg, May 2014. 5 Weisz, G. et al. ”X-ray Radiation Protection With a Disposable XPF Cervical Collar – Comparison To a Lead-Based Collar.” ICI Mtg, Tel Aviv, Dec. 2013.
For further information, please visit the BLOXR website: www.bloxr.com
BLOXR and XPF are registered trademarks of BLOXR Solutions LLC, USA.