Lombard Medical: AORFIX™ Endovascular Stent Graft
The AORFIX™ is indicated for AAA endovascular procedures in patients with neck angulations up to 90° or tortuous iliac anatomies
The AORFIX™ ESG is the only stent graft with global approval for neck angulations up to 90°.
The halO Stent Technology™ provides a unique design:
- Intelligent engineering expands the physicians’ reach to treat a wider range of anatomies with EVAR
- Revolutionary technology combines circular and helical structures that provide the flexibility needed to treat tortuous anatomies
- Ring body and helical limb structure incorporating halO Stent Technology,™ is designed to maintain patency in tortuous anatomies1
- The circular design of the Aorfix™ Endovascular Stent Graft delivers unmatched flexibility while maintaining its luminal size — even in extreme angulations1
- Designed to adapt to changing anatomy over time and accommodate pulsatile forces
- Unique fish-mouth design facilitates a superior seal in changing neck morphologies
- Self-expanding electropolished nitinol wires mould to uneven vessel walls for improved apposition and seal
- Rigorous testing performed that simulates in situ movement in angulated anatomy2
- Aorfix is tested to 400 million pulses at 90° angulation
- 5-7% pulsatility per 100mmHg – equivalent to 10 years
- A direct comparison of the PYTHAGORAS IDE data with various competitor IDE data shows the strength of the AORFIX™ clinical outcomes.
- Results are unimpeded by the inclusion of patients with more challenging neck angulations significantly greater than 60°.3,4
For more details on AORFIX™ Endovascular Stent Graft, please contact:
Regional Health Care Group
3-11 Primrose Avenue, Rosebery NSW 2018
Tel: 1300 659 281 (Australia)
Tel: 0800 678 017 (New Zealand)
- Demanget N, Duprey A, Badel P, Orgéas L, Avril S, Geindreau C, Albertini JN, Favre JP. 2013. Finite Element Analysis of the Mechanical Performances of 8 Marketed Aortic Stent-Grafts. J Endovasc Ther, 20:523–535.
- Data held on file at Lombard Medical Inc.
- Hobo R, Kievit J, Leurs LJ, Buth J; EUROSTAR Collaborators. 2007. Influence of severe infrarenal aortic neck angulation on complications at the proximal neck following endovascular AAA repair: a EUROSTAR study. J Endovasc Ther, 14(1), 1-11.
- Choke E, Munneke G, Morgan R, Belli AM, Loftus I, McFarland R, et al. 2006. Outcomes of endovascular abdominal aortic aneurysm repair in patients with hostile neck anatomy. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol, 29(6), 975-80.
The Lombard Medical logo, the Aorfix™ Endovascular Stent Graft logo and the Aorfix™ name are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lombard Medical Technologies, Inc.